Washington, DC proposed subway system map, October 1944
Over two decades before the Washington Metro system was approved, Washington DC was planning to put its streetcars underground, similar to the Green Line in Boston, or the Subway-Surface Lines in Philadelphia. This planned DC subway, planned during World War II, never came to fruition, and ultimately the streetcar system was abandoned between 1958 and 1962 as expressway mania took over the country.
- Printed on Satin finish 80# cover stock - 220 GSM in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Image will be printed with a border for framing.
- Please allow five business days for production before it gets shipped out.
- Free standard shipping within the US!
- If you order a framed print, I'll mount it in a handmade black frame.
- Proudly made in the USA!
All designs I sell here are made by me! If there's something you'd like custom-made, shoot me a message.