Detroit proposed monorail system map, 1958
Detroit was not immune to the monorail craze of the 1950s and 1960s. The City of Detroit was actually planning to build an elevated monorail system even as it planned to demolish large sections of "blighted" neighborhoods for freeway construction. The freeways went through; the monorail did not. If this system looks familiar, it should: because of Detroit's unusual radial street layout, it only makes sense to use the broad avenues stretching out from downtown Detroit as the main thoroughfares.
- Poster printed on satin finish 80# cover stock - 220 GSM in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Image will be printed with a border for framing.
- Please allow five business days for production before it gets shipped out.
- Free standard shipping within the US!
- If you order a framed print, it'll come in a black birch wood frame.
All designs I sell here are made by me! If there's something you'd like custom-made, shoot me a message.