Boston MBTA monorail plan, 1972
This map is based on the Boston Personal Rapid Transit plan of the 1970s. Personal Rapid Transit is a smaller-scale version of the people mover technology that you see at airports-- instead of individual cars that can fit 70-80 people, PRT cars can fit 7-20 people. This, theoretically, should reduce construction costs, but the technology never became popular and only a few exist in the world today. Boston's proposal would have used PRT line to cover the gaps in the busiest sections of the MBTA subway system, which requires passengers to go downtown to transfer.
- Printed on Satin finish 80# cover stock - 220 GSM in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Image will be printed with a border for framing.
- Please allow five business days for production before it gets shipped out.
- Free standard shipping within the US!
- If you order a framed print, it'll come in a black birch wood frame.
- Proudly made in the USA!
All designs I sell here are made by me! If there's something you'd like custom-made, shoot me a message.