Philadelphia planned rapid transit map, 1913
A. Merritt Taylor was the first Philadelphia director of city transit, and he came up with a rather visionary plan for the expansion of the Philadelphia subway system before World War 1. Then, of course, the First World War happened, and only about half of his plan was built. Most of the Philadelphia rapid transit system that exists today, now run by SEPTA, is based on his plans. This map was featured in Curbed.
- Printed on Satin finish 80# cover stock - 220 GSM in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Image will be printed with a border for framing.
- Please allow five business days for production before it gets shipped out.
- Free standard shipping within the US!
- If you order a framed print, I'll mount it in a handmade black frame.
- Proudly made in the USA!
All designs I sell here are made by me! If there's something you'd like custom-made, shoot me a message.