Detroit subway system map proposal, 1974
The Detroit People Mover, which is a municipal embarrassment, was never meant to be the white elephant it ended up becoming. Rather, it was meant to be connected to a subway system. Indeed, Detroit's 1974 subway plan, while keeping the same basic shape as its predecessor the 1918 subway plan, takes after BART and the Washington Metro in trying to create a regional transportation network. The 1974 subway plan was ultimately was cancelled by the federal government, which told the regional transit agency, SEMTA, that its plans were overambitious.
- Poster printed on satin finish 80# cover stock - 220 GSM in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Image will be printed with a border for framing.
- Please allow five business days for production before it gets shipped out.
- Free standard shipping within the US!
- If you order a framed print, I'll mount it in a handmade black frame.
All designs I sell here are made by me! If there's something you'd like custom-made, shoot me a message.